• Flat: Rates that add/remove in non-changing increments.
• Incr: Rates that add/remove in adjusting increments.
• Cond: Rates that add/remove depending on additional factors.
• Comp: Rates that are too complex to summarize. See source code for details.
• n: Refers to the total number of occurrences.
• len: Refers to the total password length.
• Additional bonus scores are given for increased character variety.
• Final score is a cumulative result of all bonuses minus deductions.
• Final score is capped with a minimum of 0 and a maximum of 100.
• Score and Complexity ratings are not conditional on meeting minimum requirements.
This application is designed to assess the strength of password strings. The instantaneous visual feedback provides the user a means to improve the strength of their passwords, with a hard focus on breaking the typical bad habits of faulty password formulation. Since no official weighting system exists, we created our own formulas to assess the overall strength of a given password. Please note, that this application does not utilize the typical "days-to-crack" approach for strength determination. We have found that particular system to be severely lacking and unreliable for real-world scenarios. This application is neither perfect nor foolproof, and should only be utilized as a loose guide in determining methods for improving the password creation process.